Given the side of a square then find the area of a Circumscribed circle around it.
Input : a = 6 Output : Area of a circumscribed circle is : 56.55 Input : a = 4 Output : Area of a circumscribed circle is : 25.13
All four sides of a square are of equal length and all four angles are 90 degree. The circle is circumscribed on a given square shown by a shaded region in the below diagram.
Properties of Circumscribed circle are as follows:
- The center of the circumcircle is the point where the two diagonals of a square meet.
- Circumscribed circle of a square is made through the four vertices of a square.
- The radius of a circumcircle of a square is equal to the radius of a square.
Formula used to calculate the area of inscribed circle is:
(PI * a * a)/2
where, a is the side of a square in which a circle is circumscribed.
How does this formula work?
We know area of circle = PI*r*r.
We also know radius of circle = (square diagonal)/2
Length of diagonal = ?(2*a*a)
Radius = ?(2*a*a)/2 = ?((a*a)/2)
Area = PI*r*r = (PI*a*a)/2
Area of an circumscribed circle is : 56.55
- Area of square Circumscribed by Circle
- Program to calculate area of an Circle inscribed in a Square
- Side of a regular n-sided polygon circumscribed in a circle
- Area of a square inscribed in a circle which is inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Area of decagon inscribed within the circle
- Area of circle inscribed within rhombus
- Program to find area of a circle
- Area of circle which is inscribed in equilateral triangle
- Given equation of a circle as string, find area
- Area of a circle inscribed in a regular hexagon
- Find the area of largest circle inscribed in ellipse
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle within a Square which is inscribed within a Circle
- Program for Area Of Square
- Area of a leaf inside a square
- Program to find the area of a Square
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Smitha Dinesh Semwal