The grid-template-areas property in CSS is used to specify the area within the grid layout. The named grid area can be rendered on the screen based on the sequence of values of the grid-template-areas property.
- none: It is the default value and it does not contains grid named areas.
- itemnames: It is the sequence of grid area names in the form of row and columns.
- Each area name is separated by a space.
- Each row is contained within single quote ‘ ‘.
- There is a semicolon at the end of the declaration only.
- Period represents items with no names.
Example 1: This example display the grid-template-areas property.
Example 2: This example display the grid-template-areas property.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by grid-template-areas property are listed below:
- Google Chrome 57.0
- Internet Explorer 16.0
- Firefox 52.0
- Safari 10.0
- Opera 44.0
- CSS | transition-property Property
- CSS | top Property
- CSS | right Property
- CSS | all Property
- CSS | quotes Property
- CSS | order property
- CSS | box-sizing Property
- CSS | grid-row Property
- HTML | DOM value Property
- CSS | resize Property
- CSS | clear Property
- CSS | The object-fit Property
- CSS | grid-gap Property
- CSS | align-self Property
- CSS | max-height Property