We need to design an online hotel booking system where a user can search a hotel in a given city and book it. This is an OOP design question, so I have not written the full code in this solution. I have created the classes and attributes only.
Main Classes :
Let me explain about the classes and the relationships among themselves.
The enums defined here are self-explanatory. The classes User, Room, and Address also self-explanatory. The class Facilities contains a list of facilities (enum) that the hotel provides. We can add more facilities in the Facility enum if required. The duration class has two attributes “from” and “to”, which is obvious.
Now, the class “Hotel” contains:
1. List of rooms (Room class) // this is the list of rooms the hotel has
2. Address class // its address
3. Facilities class // the facilities it has
The class “Booking” contains:
1. User // information about the
2. Hotel // Information about the hotel
3. List of rooms
4. PaymentStatus etc.
Other fields in this class are also self-explanatory.
This article is contributed by Pooja Kamal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Design Patterns | Set 1 (Introduction)
- Design Patterns | Set 2 (Factory Method)
- Singleton Design Pattern | Implementation
- The Decorator Pattern | Set 2 (Introduction and Design)
- Decorator Pattern | Set 3 (Coding the Design)
- Flyweight Design Pattern
- Singleton Design Pattern | Introduction
- Java Singleton Design Pattern Practices with Examples
- How to design a parking lot using object-oriented principles?
- Design data structures and algorithms for in-memory file system
- Facade Design Pattern | Introduction
- Proxy Design Pattern
- Composite Design Pattern
- Prototype Design Pattern
- Bridge Design Pattern