Given a very large number N (1 <= number of digit in N <= 105). The task is find the largest number X such that X < N and each digit of X is prime number.
Input : N = 1000 Output : 777 777 is the largest number less than 1000 which have each digit as prime. Input : N = 11 Output : 7
The idea is to traverse from leftmost digit of the number N to rightmost digit of N. Check if the current digit is prime or not. If it is prime, copy the digit to output number at corresponding digit position. If it is not prime, copy the largest prime number less than current digit.
Now consider if the current digit is ‘0’ or ‘1’. In that case copy ‘7’ to current digit position of output number. Also move to adjacent left digit of current digit and reduce it to largest prime number less than it.
Once we reduce any digit to largest prime number less than the digit, we copy ‘7’ to rest of the right digit in the output number.
Below is C++ implementation of this approach:
This article is contributed by Anuj Chauhan (anuj0503). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Largest number less than N with digit sum greater than the digit sum of N
- Largest K digit number divisible by X
- Largest even digit number not greater than N
- Largest N digit number divisible by given three numbers
- C++ Program for Largest K digit number divisible by X
- Check if the first and last digit of the smallest number forms a prime
- Java Program for Largest K digit number divisible by X
- Largest number in [2, 3, .. n] which is co-prime with numbers in [2, 3, .. m]
- Largest number that divides x and is co-prime with y
- Largest number with prime digits
- Find largest prime factor of a number
- Sum of largest prime factor of each number less than equal to n
- Find Largest Special Prime which is less than or equal to a given number
- Sum of largest divisible powers of p (a prime number) in a range
- Count of Numbers in Range where first digit is equal to last digit of the number