Given two string A and B which represents two integers, the task is to print the maximized value of A after replacing 0 or more digits of A with any digit of B.
Note: A digit in B can only be used once.
Input: A = “1234”, B = “4321”
1 can be replaced with 4 and 2 can be replaced with 3.
Input: A = “1002”, B = “100”
The first 0 can be replaced with a 1.
Approach: Since the value of A has to maximized, any digit will be replaced by only digits of greater value. The digits on the left have more significance in contributing to the value, so they should be replaced with as large values as possible. Sort B and iterate from left to right in A and try replacing the current digit with the maximum of available options if possible.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Count of numbers between range having only non-zero digits whose sum of digits is N and number is divisible by M
- Minimum number of digits to be removed so that no two consecutive digits are same
- Pairs whose concatenation contain all digits
- Absolute difference between the first X and last X Digits of N
- Program to find last two digits of 2^n
- Print numbers with digits 0 and 1 only such that their sum is N
- Smallest odd digits number not less than N
- Maximum possible time that can be formed from four digits
- Check if a number has digits in the given Order
- Count changes in Led Lights to display digits one by one
- Next higher palindromic number using the same set of digits
- Remove recurring digits in a given number
- Smallest number with sum of digits as N and divisible by 10^N
- Number of even substrings in a string of digits
- Remove repeated digits in a given number