Given a file and a line number n, the task is to delete nth line from the given text file.
Suppose the initial content of myfile.txt is :
GeeksforGeeks GeeksforGeeks IDE GeeksforGeeks Practice GeeksforGeeks Contribute
After Deletion of Line 2 the content would be :
GeeksforGeeks GeeksforGeeks IDE GeeksforGeeks Contribute
1) Open the source file in input mode and read it character by character.
2) Open another file in output mode and place contents in the file character by character.
3) Rename the other file to the source file.
Note: Run this code offline IDE keep text file name as "a.txt" in same folder
- C program to delete a file
- Number of ordered points pair satisfying line equation
- Line Splicing in C/C++
- Command line arguments example in C
- Command line arguments in C/C++
- Draw a line in C++ graphics
- Swap two variables in one line in C/C++, Python, PHP and Java
- Shortest distance between a Line and a Point in a 3-D plane
- Program to delete Nth digit of a Number
- C Program to count number of lines in a file
- C program to copy contents of one file to another file
- C++ program to create a file
- C Program to print contents of file
- C Program to find size of a File
- C++ program to append content of one text file to another
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.