Let’s see a basic linear search operation on Python list and tuples.
A simple approach is to do linear search, i.e
- Start from the leftmost element of list and one by one compare x with each element of the list.
- If x matches with an element, return True.
- If x doesn’t match with any of elements, return False.
Example #1: Linear Search on Lists
Note that list are mutable but tuples are not.
Example #2: Linear Search in Tuple
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
- Python | Find the tuples containing the given element from a list of tuples
- Python program to create a list of tuples from given list having number and its cube in each tuple
- Python | Min and Max value in list of tuples
- Python | Unzip a list of tuples
- Python | Remove all strings from a list of tuples
- Python | Position Summation in List of Tuples
- Python | Merge two lists into list of tuples
- Python | Remove empty tuples from a list
- Python | Get first element with maximum value in list of tuples
- Python | Accessing nth element from tuples in list
- Python | Convert a list of Tuples into Dictionary
- Python Program for Linear Search
- Python program to sort a list of tuples by second Item
- Python | Program to count duplicates in a list of tuples
- Creating a Pandas dataframe using list of tuples