Given a positive number n. We need to find x such that 1*n, 2*n, 3*n…..x*n gives all 10 digits at least once. If no such x is possible print -1.
Input : n = 1692 Output : 3 Explanation: n = 1692, we got the digits- 1, 2, 6, 9 2*n = 3384, we got the digits- 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9. 3*n = 5076, we got the digits- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. At this step we got all the digits at least once. Therefore our answer is 3. Input : 1 Output : 10 Input : 0 Output :-1
The idea used here is simple. We start from 1 and keep multiplying with n till we do not get all the 10 digits at least once. In order to keep track of all the digits coming at each iteration we use an temporary array of size 10 initially having all zeroes. Whenever we got a digit first time we will initialize its index in array with 1. When all digits are visited once, we are done.
Following is the implementation of it.
This article is contributed by Saloni Gupta. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Smallest number with given sum of digits and sum of square of digits
- Smallest odd digits number not less than N
- Smallest even digits number not less than N
- Smallest number with at least n digits in factorial
- Smallest multiple of 3 which consists of three given non-zero digits
- Smallest number with sum of digits as N and divisible by 10^N
- Find smallest number with given number of digits and sum of digits
- Smallest number k such that the product of digits of k is equal to n
- Smallest multiple of a given number made of digits 0 and 9 only
- Lexicographically smallest permutation with no digits at Original Index
- Find the smallest number whose digits multiply to a given number n
- Smallest number by rearranging digits of a given number
- Immediate smallest number after re-arranging the digits of a given number
- Smallest root of the equation x^2 + s(x)*x - n = 0, where s(x) is the sum of digits of root x.
- Get the kth smallest number using the digits of the given number