You are given a number ‘N’. Your task is to split this number into 3 positive integers x, y and z, such that their sum is equal to ‘N’ and none of the 3 integers is a multiple of 3.Given that N>=2.
Input : N = 10
Output : x = 1, y = 2, z = 7
Note that x + y + z = N and x, y & z are not divisible by N.
Input : 18
Output :x = 1, y = 1, z = 16
To split N into 3 numbers we split N as
- If N is divisible by 3, then then the numbers x, y, z can be 1, 1 and N-2, respectively.All x, y and z are not divisible by 3. And (1)+(1)+(N-2)=N .
- If N is not divisible by 3 then N-3 will also not be divisible by 3. Therefore, we can have x=1, y=2 and z=N-3.Also, (1)+(2)+(N-3)=N .
x = 1, y = 2, z = 7
Time Complexity: O(1)
- Split the number into N parts such that difference between the smallest and the largest part is minimum
- Divide number into two parts divisible by given numbers
- Possible cuts of a number such that maximum parts are divisible by 3
- Break the number into three parts
- Partition a number into two divisble parts
- Divide a big number into two parts that differ by k
- Divide a number into two parts such that sum of digits is maximum
- Break a number such that sum of maximum divisors of all parts is minimum
- Count number of ways to divide a number in 4 parts
- Partiton N into M parts such that difference between Max and Min part is smallest
- Check if an array of 1s and 2s can be divided into 2 parts with equal sum
- Divide an isosceles triangle in two parts with ratio of areas as n:m
- Minimum Cuts can be made in the Chessboard such that it is not divided into 2 parts
- Minimum cuts required to divide the Circle into equal parts
- Split the array into odd number of segments of odd lengths