Given a number, we need to find the sum of all the digits of a number which we get after raising the number to a specified power.
Input: number = 5, power = 4 Output: 13 Explanation: Raising 5 to the power 4 we get 625. Now adding all the digits = 6 + 2 + 5 Input: number = 9, power = 5 Output: 27 Explanation: Raising 9 to the power 5 we get 59049. Now adding all the digits = 5 + 9 + 0 + 4 + 9
The approach for Python is explained. we have used pow() function to calculate the base to the power value. Then we have extracted every digit as string using str() method. Since we can’t calculate the sum of strings, we converted every string digit back to integer using int() method. Finally, we used sum() function to get the sum of all the digits. This solution will look very simple in Python but it won’t be so short in other languages. After running both the codes, one can compare the time elapsed and the memory used in both the given language i.e., Python and Java.
Below is the implementation of above idea :
This article is contributed by Chinmoy Lenka. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Number of digits in N factorial to the power N
- Number of digits in 2 raised to power n
- Print last k digits of a^b (a raised to power b)
- Check if given number is a power of d where d is a power of 2
- Check whether product of digits at even places is divisible by sum of digits at odd place of a number
- Count of numbers between range having only non-zero digits whose sum of digits is N and number is divisible by M
- Minimum number of digits to be removed so that no two consecutive digits are same
- Find smallest number with given number of digits and sum of digits
- Find the Largest number with given number of digits and sum of digits
- Smallest number with given sum of digits and sum of square of digits
- Number of digits in the nth number made of given four digits
- Power of a prime number ‘r’ in n!
- Find whether a given number is a power of 4 or not
- GCD of a number raised to some power and another number
- Check if a number is a power of another number